Our private tour does not only mean it will be exclusively for your party; it means the distilleries visited are different than the ones visited on the tour. While we carefully select those for the group tour, the ones chosen for the private tour are a notch above and exclusive-access.
A truly unique experience!
The private version offers you: exclusive visit to different distilleries than the ones visited on the group tour, more flexibility, personalized attention, no waiting on the rest of the group and a schedule tailored to your needs.
This tour is ideal for couples and small groups of friends, family and co-workers. Wedding Anniversary, honeymoon, birthday, bachelor(ette) party - whatever your reason to celebrate, we can help make your special occasion even more memorable!
Both distilleries visited are family-owned and have long standing tradition of producing tequila; one was established in 1904. Once in a while, you may have the chance to meet the producers or distillery owners and exchange with them.
The Tour is all-yours: photo stops, breaks and return time are at your convenience. Most importantly, you have the guide’s full attention; there’s no “sharing” with other people!
Unlike the group tour, we come directly for you and head straight to the first stop - you do not have to wait for the rest of the participants to be picked up. You can also start the tour from Tequila.
Prices as follows for the Private Tour Version :
Adult $225 USD
Senior $200 USD
Youth (13-17) $155 USD
Children (6-12) $95 USD
Infant under 5 years old travel for free
** A MINIMUM OF 2 PARTICIPANTS IS REQUIRED**
Itinerary Private Tour
· Departure from 9:00 am to 10:30 am from your hotel in Guadalajara or in Tequila and drive to the first stop. The departure time is set earlier to try to be in synch with the active production hours of the first distillery visited;
· Visit of the first distillery established in 1904. This company is a proud member of the Tequila Interchange Project, an initiative supporting the biodiversity of agaves in the region (bat friendly); Destileria Cascahuin folds history and tradition into every batch.
· Tasting of all tequilas crafted at the distillery (including blanco, reposado, añejo and extra-añejo) using specially designed Riedel flutes;
· Guided visit of one of the museums of the region to further deepen your knowledge of the industry evolution (given that this is a public building, its entrance is subject to varying opening hours and private events);
· Traditional lunch in a small Mexican local restaurant;
· Stroll in the downtown of Tequila to see its main attractions and additional tasting in boutique stores;
· Visit of the second distillery and tasting of their premium line of tequilas;
· Photo stop in an agave field;
· Return to Guadalajara around 6:30-7:00 pm (the times are approximate and subject to traffic conditions).
All items listed on the itinerary will be covered
the order in which they appear is subject to change to allow for maximum flexibility.
NO BLACK OUT DATES: Our tequila Tours are available all around the year. We recommend reserving in advance for weekends and special Holidays.
It’s important to read the terms and conditions section before you book any of our Tequila tour versions
IMPORTANT: Please note that in order to prevent overbookings, our reservation system only displays availability starting two days after today’s date, however:
For a private tour of 2-3 people or more, on the same reservation the tour can start in Guadalajara, Chapala, Ajijic or Tequila.
And course! It can also start from the Guadalajara airport if those minimum requirements are met.
Families travelling with children* are welcome! We will dedicate a private transportation unit for your party.
NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES APPLY.
*The legal drinking age in Mexico is 18 years; we are aware that this may vary from one country to another but we strictly abide by the law. We welcome minors of age on the tour, but they are notallowed under any circumstance to participate in the tequila tastings. Minors of age are under the responsibility and care of their parents or guardian.